Wednesday, December 2, 2009

North Side vs Liberty Game of the Year?

Yesterday, the supposed most bitter rivalry and best game of the included to Jackson. These players are separated by mere fence and driveways and they play this one match up every year. The girls started it off with a half time score of 22-25 in favor of Liberty Tech. The girls seemed a little exhausted and way too quiet as the game seemed to go all too slowly at time. I sat there just feet away from where I was lasted year. I was shaking. It was hard to tell why- the weather or the nervousness. I told myself and my sister that it would be weird seeing Coach P coaching from this distance. I knew I made the right decision though. It was hard explaining to people especially those that do not care. It was more than just the too long late night over extended practices and the in continuity among the older players of the bunch. It was a combination of thing that made my emotions sublime. It was my unwillingness to deal with his unwillingness just one more year. It was more than just that too. Failure and even so much more than that. Why it was a multitude of thoughts that were astoundingly confirmed by one single notion. College. How will I pay for it. So as I sat there, I could see every bit of selfishness, in continuity, and mishaps now from a far. I lost a little bit of my still think hunger to play. Coach Hook looked a little out of place beside those girls. Basketball really is not his thing but he is a coach a great coach. He personifies the simple definitions of a coach but with that he gets the job done. He cares for his players. I could see that as he talked to Jaz at lunch today. Everything he had Coach P lacked . I got there at the second half. Th first quarter swung to North Side as those same old mistakes were played by the team as so many nights before. The game slipped away like a rope in their hands and it seemed almost willingly to some players.


The boys were the surprise of the evening. Florida bound Casey Prather started with no surprise and as always it was TJ that guarded him. He was determined from the first three he hit to every play he had defensively. He was ready . It was disappointing all the same though.

To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment