Sunday, September 13, 2009

Liberty Soccer Shootout 2009

Friday September 11, 2009

There wasn't much talk about 9-11 today except in my 3rd block class. In first block we took a practice Reading ACT test. I have to improve in that area. Theatre was pretty laid back. I prepared to leave school and help coach Carter at Katecampell. Tanner was sick so I moved away from him so I would not catch anything. Ryan moved up there to escape loneliness I guess. I those guys a re really funny. At first they were cool- talking about basketball and coaches, but then things turned for the worst. I was shocked at how little repect and morals they have. I tried to in part some wisdom until I just couldn't take it. I moved to the 4th row. I came back because I thought they stopped but then I came back to a grieving immorality. I left and this time for good until the end of class.

In 3rd block we talked about Plessy v. Ferguson and other things in which we had a round table dicsussion of sorts. We talked about 9-11 also. We were asked to write about where we were and what we were doing on the day of the attacks. We were also to say how it affected us in any way.
Coach P found my Boston butt tickets in the parking lot.
I left school at 1:45 or so with Parker. We went to Madison to get her shin guards. I looked at JCM - and then Madison. I was appalled. I thought about the corrupt things that go on in the school board and how little they care about JCM. I thought about how STUPID it is of them to take our(Liberty's ) health science classes out and put them in JCM. In a culture that is in dyer need of this field of education, why are we taking it out of a school in which would actually prepare students for the field. Let's face it. NO ONE WANTS TO GO TO JCM. Why not have a partner ship with both school since they are so close and most students that go to LIBERTY want the Health Science Classes. This will not help the culture of JCM it will only deprive Liberty of yet another field that has been lost in the last two years. Another Change as was personified in my blog "My Take: Changes". The U.S is searching for native doctors and other medical and science fields. Taking the classes out of Liberty will by no means help the state of our culture's lack in medical needs. I am not in these classes, but my heart goes out to those who will not have a chance to get a head start on the medical field. I think I'll email and mail the school.

"Corrupt" by Felicia Ingram coming soon stay tuned

Our first game was against Dickson County, Coach Carter's Alma Mater. It seemed as if we were missing everything. Coach Carter was mad. We played horribly and afraid. We lost badly. I was ready to play before the game. I don't know what happened.
I went to Light After Dark after the game. Micheal Jordan was inducted into the Hall of Fame along with John Stockan(NBA all time leader in assists), David Robinson( who oozes class), and Vivian Stringer. It was motivating to see all of there testimonies and hear of their upbringings.



Saturday September

Dyersburg was first at 9:00. At first we were playing with them. They had some good center mids outside mids and there forwards were decent. I was scrabling around trying to guard at least 3 people in the middle. It was a tough game. I hated that we were loosing to such a team. Their stopper was strong and saying some crazy stuff like,"That dirty. . . I like it!" Everyone was annoyed by that.

In between games, I saw Madison and Bartlett. Brent came to the game. I told him that he was going to be a crazy old man when he gets older. Everyone was really nice at the game. All of the Madison parents and fans.


I really did not want to play North Side. They were better than the game before. They moved
North Side. It took us ages to score. I was mad. How could we (liberty) be tied with North Side passed half time. We scored finally off of a cross from AB. Coach JC moved Ana Beth up to forward and Laura to Center Mid. It seemed to work on paper, but something wasn't right. Any way we finally won minutes maybe even seconds before the game's end.

No comments:

Post a Comment