Friday, February 5, 2010

Been A Long Time

My first time blogging on Felicia Daily Journal for the new year. I have much catching up to do. One thing I must bring up to date is my love for vintage John Legend music. I don't know what it is but it takes me somewhere else. I shouldn't let something "take me away" no pun intended but when I hear "Coming Home" or "Refuge(When It's Cold Outside) I feel that "everything is everything" ( okay that pun was intended.)
Why do we become so lazy as a culture. I can tell of my laziness. I should definitenly out more into my relationship with the Father. At times I find myself not doing as much as I should. I said it a while ago how long will we keep singing the song "I'm Not Perfect"? How long will continue to say I need to get better at something when we were struggluing with the same thing for 5 years. When will we say I don't need to be getting better but I need to be better. If you know better you should do better. Why is it so hard for us to fight our flesh and get lax everything is going okay. We never need to loose that connection with God. HE needs to always be on my mind more than anything. Then we need to use that and reach out to those who are hurting and not going from one place to the other and never reaching out. We must be in the world but certaintly not of it. The world doesn't worship but we do. The world talks about people but we don't. The world does things on impulse and works without faith and faiths without works. We should never loose our sanctity. We should never be different and not like others.


Today in Ad we took an essay. Or I should say they wrote an essay ! I went in the back and listened to music on Pandora the only site our school lets us listen to music. I was back there with Tyler and Travis the two most laid back people in the world. Ms. Trybel was in there doing a test. She is the new Beta Club sponsor. She seems super cool unlike some teachers.

The Writing Assessment in second block. Yes, I said as I missed Mr. Nye's class again. The prompt was"In wake of the school shootings, should teachers be able to have guns in the classroom?" I did not support the reasoning and I began with a story of a teacher who's gun got stolen by a student and the student then shot everything. It sounded better then that though. I do wish that they would give us our test back after we complete them so we would actually learn something. Anyway, my supporting points were as follows, students could steal the firearms, giving teachers the right to kill, and costs. The cost were things like the training that had to go into the teachers being able to use a firearm, potential law suits if an innocent student were to ever get hurt, and background checks on teachers. Now that I think about it, some teachers need background checks now even with out the fire arms.

The rest of the day was cool saving Mr. Harpole's class. I don't know what it is but I don't really learn anything in the class and especially today.

Mrs. Moeller had the coolest lab ever. We ate candy at the end and we took a quiz about those science guys.

After school I got online and was just checking my email and I found the scholarship just right for me. http://www.artandwriting.org/pdfs/GuideSub_Novel.pdf

Kids send in their art and writing and they could win scholarships! I have so much already man I am so going to do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment