Sunday, August 30, 2009

Awesome Awesome

Today, the Mighty Men of Valor sang today. It was nothing short of amazing. I loved every moment of the worship. After worship Apostle preached "Identity Theft".

Identity theft



I learned much about myself today. I learned what I already knew. I learned when I allow my self to be overwhelmed in guilt( even after I've repented) I make myself even more subject to the enemy. I already knew ...

Straining Toward the Goal

12 Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. 13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 15 Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you. 16 Only let us hold true to what we have attained.

17 Brothers, join in imitating me, and keep your eyes on those who walk according to the example you have in us. 18 For many, of whom I have often told you and now tell you even with tears, walk as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19 Their end is destruction, their god is their belly, and they glory in their shame, with minds set on earthly things. 20 But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself. Philippians 3:12-20

It took me a while to get that GOD loves me even when I make mistakes. I can't let what happened in the past scar my future. I am learning more and more everyday to live. I used to be afraid and easily frustrated and set of by problem in my life. I am realizing life is not so bad and that GOD has a plan that will be revealed in its perfect time. Though I have regrets, I must strive to forget them and learn lessons in every failed test. I am getting an understanding now. At first I was just getting knowledge from GOD( a whole book full). Now through experience, I have learned to relajarse( to relax oneself in Spanish). I'm calmer now. I let less things work me up. I can see and feel myself maturing. Don't get me wrong I am still learning but I can truly say that I'm better than I was on yesterday. Now, the thing I need to do most is let go and let GOD. It sounds so cliche but it is so true. Just let GOD have my life, my love, my time, my worries, my shame, my sin, my doubt, my pain, my hopelessness, my hopes, my dreams. All. Give it all to HIM. After all, HE died so that I would not have to bear all of these burdens. I'm learning to give up my life for HIS. I can forgive... myself and others. But mostly at this present time myself. I can move on and live freely. Hallelujah!
My sister told me to read Psalms 130 which was so perfect for my condition. The Word is medicine. I was feeling guilt. I was sorry but I didn't move on. This helped me to move on:

1 Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD.
2 Lord, hear my voice:
let thine ears be attentive
to the voice of my supplications.
3 If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities,
O Lord, who shall stand?
4 But there is forgiveness with thee,
that thou mayest be feared.
5 I wait for the LORD,
my soul doth wait,
and in his word do I hope.
6 My soul waiteth for the Lord
more than they that watch for the morning:
I say, more than they that watch for the morning.
7 Let Israel hope in the LORD:
for with the LORD there is mercy,
and with him is plenteous redemption.
8 And he shall redeem Israel
from all his iniquities. Mt. 1.21 · Tit. 2.14



No comments:

Post a Comment